Saturday, April 18, 2009

A TISKET A TASKET, Put Romance in Your Basket - Contest

SPRING IS IN THE AIR. The weather is warmer, the grass is turning green, and trees are budding. Though in Texas, the smell of cool autumn nights spell high school football, the floral scents of the warming air in spring signifies the wildflowers that line the highways and byways.

Here are a few of my favorites. In March and April, bluebonnets line roads, large and small, including the interstate highways. Nothing is more beautiful than a pasture filled with the blue flowers with a few other species interspersed to add texture and color.






Here are red Indian paintbrush amid a field of bluebonnets and other wildflowers.



To the right, a field of Indian blankets. This reminds me of the pasture next to my grandmother's house on her farm.

Yards are also filling with color. Two of my favorite small shrubs are the Indian Hawthorn and the fragrant red Knock Out Roses shown below.
















After nature's beautiful spring display, Easter follows. How appropriate that God decorates earth for the celebration of His Son's resurrection.

Leave a comment and tell me about your favorite spring flowers, tradition, or celebration. I'll choose a winner from among those leaving a note. The winner can chose a pdf copy of any of my current releases.

If you FOLLOW my blog, I'll send you a pdf copy of Recipe for Romance shown in the top left hand corner.

CONTEST BLURB: A TISKET A TISKET, PUT ROMANCE IN YOUR BASKET


Spring is in the air! Bees are buzzing. Children anxiously await the big morning where they can graze on candy all day. What about mom? We've got a treat for you! Come join a group of romance authors in celebration of spring. Enter to win a prize a day as well as enter to win the grand prize. All you need do is begin at Silver James' blog on April 1st at ___. Silver will host the day's contest and provide the link to the next day's location. Don't forget to enter to win the grand prize! Here's the dirt... A TISKET A TASKET, PUT ROMANCE IN YOUR BASKET Grand Prize:To enter to win prizes from the authors donating treasures to the grand prize (see each day's post for what an author is donating to the grand prize), find the four Easter eggs in the A TISKET A TASKET, PUT ROMANCE IN YOUR BASKET blog event. You will be searching for the above egg. The one posted here does not count. Just visit all of the authors' websites, locate the 4 eggs, make a list of their locations by pasting the urls to the website pages in an e-mail, then send the entry to happyendings2007@aol.com by midnight CST on May 1st, 2009. The winner will be randomly drawn and announced May 2nd at http://blog.skhyemoncrief.com. Tip #1, subscribe to http://blog.skhyemoncrief.com to learn if you're the winner! And don't worry. If you start in on the blog event late, just head back to Silver James' blog on April 1st at http://www.silverjames.com/ to begin your website search for the Easter eggs. Don't miss the fun! See you next to the burgundy tulips. ~Skhye

For the GRAND PRIZE I'll be contributing a vintage rhinestone TEXAS pin and a watermelon rhinestone necklace.






Your next stop on the contest blog trail is Masha Holl's blogspot at http://alienplaces.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

Linda
Linda LaRoque ~Western Romance with a Twist in Time~ A Law of Her Own, Forever Faithful, Desires of the Heart, My Heart Will Find Yours, 5-9, Flames on the Sky10-9, Investment of the Heart 5-9, When the Ocotillo Bloom 7-9.
www.lindalaroque.com/ http://wwww.lindalaroqueauthor.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda! Love that Texas pin. :) And all the flowers!!! With the rainy day around the country, we may see a few extra blog hoppers today. I'm off to make breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Linda. It is so interesting to me to see these flowers, most of which are unfamiliar. I love the look of the 'bluebonnets'. They look similar to the English bluebells, which at this time of year carpet the forests in swathes of blue. I think my favourite spring flower is the snowdrop, it is so pure and delicate 'Eve's tears' as the legend says. I also love the golden daffodils of course - they're the national flower of my beloved Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Linda. We are having rain here in the South this weekend, but at least the weather is spring like. I, myself, like the hawthorn also. We have it has a border on part of our property. My husband is the planter in the family, he has all types of spring flowers in the beds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Skhye,
    Now remember, the Texas pin is vintage.
    Bring on the blog hoppers. That'd be great.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyn,
    We have Texas bluebells. I put a picture of those in a post last summer. They're probably not as lush as the English bluebell. I'm not familiar with the snowdrop. I'll look it up.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy,
    It's raining here too. The hawthorn does make a beautiful border. We had a bunch of ours eaten by rabbits one year.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't realised snowdrops aren't as well known over there as they are in the UK. I can't put a picture up here, but if you check out one of my January Blog posts:

    http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-beginnings.html

    There's a picture and a brief account of the legend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're beautiful, Lyn. I left a comment on your blog.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda - Thanks for the lovely pics! I love to take pictures of the flowers, fields and trees! One of my favorite signs of spring are the return of the hummingbirds to our balcony. DH put a feeder there and they come up while we sit and have our morning coffee. Don't know why but the will zip up and stare him in the face... they only flit by me! Thanks for sharing in the egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Martha,
    I had to laugh at the hummingbirds staring your husband in the face and flitting by you. Maybe they know he's the one feeding them and they're saying thank you.
    Thank you for following my blog. Email me at linda@lindalaroque.com with your email address and I'll send you a copy of Recipe for Romance, Vol. 1.
    Happy reading and cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wildflowers, my sister has them around her yard and house, and all along the driveway up to house. I've always liked daffodils and enjoy seeing them all around our local downtown areas, even though it's only a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Pam. I love the daffodils too and wish they'd last longer. Thanks for stopping by.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete