Thursday, March 2, 2017

Contest in Full Swing for a James Avery Charm Bracelet and Charm

Deadline for entering  is Friday, March 31, 2017. Winner must live in the US or Canada. If you live across the pond and win, you'll receive a bundle of five ebooks including A Touch of Texas Irish.




Grand prize is the charm bracelet. Secondary prizes are digital copies of A Touch of Texas Irish to 5 additional winners.

To enter, sign up for my newsletter (see form to right) OR email me linda@lindalaroque.com and ask to be enrolled/entered.

IF you already receive my newsletter, email me and ask to be entered in the contest, and I'll add you straight away.

I'm thrilled with this new book and hope readers like it as much as I enjoyed writing it. An Irish lass, fresh off the boat from Ireland, in far west Texas married to a retired military doctor determined to not love again.

Here's a short excerpt:

"Tad, would you like to give the blessing this morning?"
"Do I hav-ta?
"Yes, son, you do."
He folded his hands on the table and squeezed his eyes tight. "Thanks for Rosa's good cooking, Lord, and for my Pa and Aunt Ruth and...Aileen." He forced one eyelid up, stabbed Aileen with his stare, and expelled a deep sigh. "I don't want no step-mother...but since I gots one, I'll try to be nice. Please watch over my Ma and baby sister up there in heaven. And if you gots time, please send me a dog. Amen."
"Amen." Sam's rumbling voice drowned out the two women's. "That was very nice, Tad." His voice was steady, but he held in his laughter. "You're wanting a dog, huh?"
Tad wiped the milk mustache from his face with the sleeve of his shirt. "Yes, sir, Pa. I'm big enough to take care of one."
"Hmm, I'll give it some thought, " he said. "Aileen, your china looks right at home there on the sideboard."

"Ach, yes. I'm so pleased with it, I could bust."
A Touch of Texas Irish will be available on March 8, 2017. It is available for pre-order now. I hope you'll pick up a copy and leave me a short review when you finish. Your opinion means a great deal.
Don't forget to enter the contest and feel free to share this post with your friends.
Thanks for stopping by and happy ready and writing!
Linda
www.lindalaroque.com

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a charming read that will touch our hearts. I'm part Irish and love reading stories with a wee bit of twang to it. Congrats on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brenda for leaving a comment and entering the contest! I hope you enjoy Aileen's story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new release it sounds just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I hope you'll read it and so glad to have you on my newsletter list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up ๐ŸŒธ
    Thanks for the giveaway ๐Ÿ˜
    Please Enter Me ๐Ÿ‘ Congratulations on your new release ๐ŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete