Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Truth or Lie?

Thank you Linda Kage for this illustrious award.

My instructions were to give you 5 truths and 1 lie about myself, or 5 lies and 1 truth. I've opted for truth.

To make this interesting, I'm having a contest. The prize is a $20.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com.

To enter, become a follower of my blog and leave a comment identifying my one lie about myself. Correct entries will be entered in a drawing. The cutoff time is Sunday, May 30th at midnight. The winner will be announced on Monday.


Here we go.

1. I twirled a baton throughout high school and part of college.
2. I've performed during halftime at pro-football games.
3. My husband and I were high school sweethearts.
4. My home is furnished with a combination of the old and new.
5. Painting with oils was my favorite hobby during the 1970s.
6. I love chartreuse (lime green) and have a chartreuse Russel Wright collection.

I now get to bestow this illustious award on seven lucky bloggers. Here we go.
1. Autumn Shelley
2. Judith Leger
3. Ciara Gold
4. Laura Hogg
5. Dawn's Reading Nook
6. Linda Rettstatt
7. Paty Jager

Enjoy the game! Happy Reading and Writing!

Linda
http://www.lindalaroque.com/

23 comments:

  1. Oo, fun contest, Linda! Let's see, I'll have to guess here. I'll say that the lie is number six. You don't really love chartreuse and have a chartreuse Russel Wright collection. And...thanks for bestowing the award. :) Got my fingers crossed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to go with lie number 2. Thanks!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, Krista, and Ron. Thanks for entering my contest. Of course, I can't say if you got the answer correct or not. We'll have to wait until Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- Thanks, Linda!
    I'm going with number 6 as the lie. I'll put my *ahem* award up on my blog Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, Paty! I look forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see. I think I'll with number 5 as your lie. Can't wait to find out the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool contest Linda :)
    My guess is #1- I twirled a baton throughout high school and part of college.

    Mindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll guess No. 6.

    reading_frenzy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, guys, this is soooo fun. Thank you for stopping by Linda, Mindy, and LuAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a contest and better way to get to know you! Smart girl. I'm going to guess #6.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Linda for this distinguished *grins* award. I will post it on my blog later today and I hope y'all will drop on by to see what I chose as well. *grins*

    Dawn
    Dawn's Reading Nook Blog
    http://lovestoreadandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is so funny - of course it's much more fun since I know the answer, cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I'd had time to join in when Linda sent this to me, but I didn't. Edits! Still not done but wanted to stop in for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alana, I'm so glad to see you here! You're very welcome, Dawn! Thanks for not spilling the beans, Anna. Good luck with the edits, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! This is quite fun so thanks for including me in the game. Linda: I'm going with number 6--you don't seem much like a 'chartreuse' girl to me (I could be wrong) but my final answer is that #6 is 'the lie'.
    I'm compiling my truths (or are they lies?) as we speak...Mwuahhahahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd go with #6, Linda. I don't remember you ever wearing the color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to go with the majority and say No 6 because it just sounds like a fib somehow, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Edits are done for now, so I'm going to join in. Just to be different, I'm going to say #5 is a lie. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Linda. I'm going with 6. Lime green is nice, don't get me wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do I still get to be in the drawing even if I know the answer...and you know that I do?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll guess #6 is the lie. Lime green? Ugh. (Sorry, if it's truly your favorite...)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Autumn, Terry, Hwyela, Sandy, Mickey, Careese, and Donna for stopping by and leaving a comment. Uh, no Careese, you're excempt from this drawing but will be entered in the monthly ebook drawing.

    ReplyDelete